It’s up to you to do or not do the eyebrow slits. We have just told you how to proced so that you do not regret your decision. Find out more about eyebrow slits by reading this article.
When did eyebrow slits start?
As you know, the fashion for eyebrow slits tends to repeat itself, because everything new is old and forgotten. So, today, the fashion trends of the last century – the 90s and 80s – are becoming popular again. Eyebrow slits are coming back to life. This last point, by the way, has never lost its relevance for many. For many years now, we have been observing young people with eyebrow slits to add a little eccentricity to their image. In this way, boys and girls try to emphasize the individuality of their image and stand out from the crowd.
Why eyebrow slits and what does it mean?
In many subcultures, a slit off a man’s or woman’s eyebrows is considered a calling card. In the early 2000s, a guy with eyebrow slits could be either a rapper or a member of a popular boy band.Today, social networks and Internet-based applications for communicating and sharing photos and videos are widespread around the world. Instagram” stands out particularly from all available applications. It is the first service through which all kinds of campaigns and flash mobs are launched. It was “Instagram” that began to popularize eyebrow slits not only among athletes and artists, but also among ordinary people. Today, a slit on a girl’s eyebrow means that she identifies with a particular group or community.
Where to put the eyebrow slits?
There may be several eyebrow slits, the right and left eyebrows are involved, sometimes the location has some significance. To further emphasize their individuality, some young people add one or even two piercing earrings to the eyebrow slits, even though some people do not like and do not understand well. Informal individuals see it as their duty to prove to others that they are different, and experimenting with their own appearance is seen as the easiest way to express themselves.
Creating the Eyebrow Slits best ways
You can make eyebrow slit in the salon or by yourself. Those who choose the second option must prepare the tools and attributes. This will be necessary:
So you decided to do eyebrows slits with your hands.
Make sure you have the following tools on hand:
- disposable razor (better get a new one);
- an electric razor with a small cutting head;
- open-blade razor (dangerous razor);
- shaving gel or foam;
- ice or cooling compressor;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- alcoholic lotion;
- styling wax or gel.
- tweezers ;
- large mirror.
For the process to be successful and for a partial eyebrow slit to be a highlight rather than a comical image, these recommendations must be taken into account :
- Before choosing an eyebrow slits, the first thing to do is to prepare everything necessary for the procedure.
- Remove all make-up from your face (if any), wipe the skin with a cleansing and degreasing lotion containing alcohol. If your skin is prone to inflammation or swelling, it is best to pre-treat it with ice cubes or a compress.
- Before starting to shave, mark the angle and edges of the eyebrow slit with a cosmetic pencil. If you make a shaving mistake, it will be very, very difficult to repair it, as the hairs will not yet grow back. In addition, they may look different.
- After marking the location and view of the future eyebrow slit with a pencil, correct the shape of the most important eyebrow arch by pulling out the extra hairs with tweezers. You can do this with a razor, but tweezers will give you a more lasting result.
- If you use a razor, maintain a certain angle while shaving. Use small, gentle strokes and gradually shave the hairs in the area you want to shave. If you still can’t get rid of cuts, treat the skin immediately with peroxide or alcohol.
- Those who are confident in their abilities can perform the procedure with a dangerous razor. Remember to sharpen it well in advance, a dull instrument will only scratch the skin.
If you want to completely eliminate the use of sharp objects, you can use one of two alternative methods. The first is to use an electric shaver with a cutting attachment. In a short time, it will help you carefully select the area to be cut, eliminating the risk of cutting on a sharp blade.
You can also buy eyebrow wax strips in a cosmetics store. Many young girls are familiar with this wonderful hair removal tool.
How to do eyebrow slits?
You can create eyebrow slits using an electric or handheld razor and ribbon. If you do not need permanent slits, there are also ways to create them with makeup. If you follow the right steps, you can create your own style of eyebrow slits in the shortest time possible.
Use an electric razor
You can create multiple permanent eyebrow slits using a razor to shave the missing patches or alternatively use tweezers to tear the hair off one by one. If you use a razor, small razors tend to work better because larger razors designed for the face or legs have a tendency to shave too much. To pluck the eyebrow slits with tweezers, the hairs must be plucked individually or a few at a time until the desired effect is achieved. In general, tweezers offer more control, but this approach can be more painful and time-consuming.
Create eyebrow slits with make-up
The easiest and least invasive way to achieve eyebrow slits is with makeup. People usually start with a liquid foundation or concealer that perfectly matches the skin tone of their face. This should be applied freely to the area to be cut. Go around the edges of the forehead with an eyebrow pencil but jumping over the crack can also make the disparity more noticeable. Setting it all up with a loose powder can help to last longer.
The advantage of this method is that it will eliminate very easily and can be a good way for someone to experience the look without actually having to commit to more permanent hair removal. This method tends to work best on individuals with very thin or sparse eyebrows. For those who have thick eyebrows, it may be necessary to do some trimming and thinning first so that the appearance is credible.
In fact, there is no particularly sacred meaning to what eyebrow slits mean. It’s not an indication of a particular religion, a sign of special status, etc. It’s not a sign of any particular religion. Quite simply, young people are trying to distinguish themselves from their peers and highlight their individual style in every possible way.