Microblading has recently been gaining popularity. This procedure is largely compared to the eyebrow tattoo, but it has not only a number of differences, but also its advantages and disadvantages, about which it is useful to know everyone who intends to use the services of eyebrow correction.
Differences from tattooing
For tattooing uses a needle, for microblading – a thin blade, because of this line in the tattoo are thicker and less clear.
The depth of penetration in the tattoo is more, because the sensation is more painful.
The effect of the tattoo lasts longer, but the healing process is also longer.
Tattooing costs less than microblading.
Preparing for the procedure
- At least a week before the session, you should not pluck or dye your eyebrows. It is important for the technician to see the eyebrows in their natural state.
- During the week you should not take blood thinning medication to avoid bleeding.
- You should not go to a solarium, as the sunburn makes the skin rougher and the paint will be harder to be applied.
- The day before the procedure you should not drink alcohol, coffee, antibiotics, or smoke.
- You should exclude fat, spicy and sweet food from your diet. This will help to make the skin clearer, and the pigment will be well conducted.
- If such a procedure is performed for the first time, it is better to do allergo-tests to avoid reactions to paint and anesthetics.
Preparation for microblading begins 5-7 days before the session.
For this purpose, it is necessary to give up:
- bad habits such as smoking, alcohol;
- sweet, spicy, fried, fatty, and pickled foods;
- Plucking eyebrows 10-14 days before the procedure, which will facilitate the choice of the right eyebrow shape.
Stages of the procedure and duration
The master examines the eyebrows and the type of appearance of the client, asks questions about the desired shape of the eyebrows and their color, and shows various models.
The master cleanses the skin around the eyebrows, applies an anesthetic and waits 10-15 minutes for it to work.
Then the master draws the contours of the future eyebrows with a cosmetic pencil.
The hairs that grow out of these contours are plucked with tweezers.
Various shades of paint are mixed, selecting them, as a rule, under the color of the hair. In this case, the paint is usually chosen brighter than necessary, because after a few days the color fades.
Using a manipulator, the master makes thin incisions that mimic hairs, filling the entire area of the eyebrows contours.
At the end of the procedure, the eyebrows are treated with chlorhexidine and lubricated with Vaseline (or similar products).
Hair technique for microblading
The hairline technique is performed by drawing close to the natural hairs. With the right pigment and stroke size, a natural brow effect can be achieved.
The hair technique can be of the Oriental and European type.
Oriental implies a complex application of pigment: hairs are drawn in different directions, thus imitating the natural growth.
European microblading involves drawing the hairs in one direction and they are the same size. This way the effect of eyebrows styling is achieved.
In 1 month after the first session, additional pigmentation is required to achieve an even color. When all technical standards for microblading are observed, the effect will last from 6 months to 2 years.
Where is the best place to do it: in a salon, at a private master or on your own at home?
Since the procedure involves microscopic damage to the skin, it must be done in sterile conditions. Otherwise, there is a high risk of infection.
At home, such conditions are quite difficult to provide. Moreover, in fact, a high-quality result can be obtained exactly with the use of quality products, dyes and equipment. In a salon, these can be found much more often than a private master. Although, of course, there may be exceptions.
How to take care of eyebrows after microblading
Eyebrow care in the first days after the procedure:
- Do not expose the eyebrows to water procedures, exposure to UV rays, paint them with cosmetics, touch them with your hands;
- Within a week, it is necessary to refrain from physical exertion, steaming of the face;
- From the 3rd to the 5th day, special ointments should be applied to the eyebrows;
- Crusts do not remove, they must fall off on their own.
Only a month after microblading, you may allow yourself to sunbathe, but only with the use of sun-protection means with 30-35 SPF protection.