There are many ways to correct eyebrows. Some involve the use of certain products, while others involve permanent makeup. Not so long ago another method appeared – eyebrow extensions. But should we do it? And what is the price of this procedure?
Are eyebrow extensions worth it?
The appearance of a woman depends on the design of her eyebrows. They make the look more expressive, also with their help hide the irregular shape of the face. But it is necessary to know how to choose the width, thickness and shape of the curve. Nowadays, any woman can have her eyebrows done.
Algorithm of eyebrow extensions.
There are different types and methods of eyebrow extensions, but hair extensions give the most natural result.
The procedure is performed with the help of artificial hairs, individually selected.
A special glue that is not harmful to the skin is used to fix them. But sometimes the hairs are glued to fluffy hairs.
Hair-assisted eyebrow extensions are suitable for women with such features of the arches:
- asymmetrical eyebrows;
- insufficient density or width;
- there are scars or scars;
- hairs do not grow back due to improper correction or after treatment.
This procedure attracts many women, but there are some contraindications. Extension is not done if there is an allergy to glue or unhealed wounds. Also, if the skin is affected by a fungal infection, first treat the disease.
The advantages of this method of extending eyebrows is that they look natural. It also allows you to fix the shape and make them more saturated and wide. It allows you to save time, you don’t have to make-up your eyebrows every day to correct their shape and color.
The disadvantages of this method include:
- The high expenditure of effort and time;
- The shape is corrected only within the natural curvature;
- Extended hairs require special care.
But eyebrow extensions are very different from other methods of modeling. It’s not as painful as tattooing. There is also no risk of infection. Correction with the help of makeup looks unnatural and requires a daily investment of time.
Pictures before and after the hair method of eyebrow extensions
A high-quality procedure allows you to feel the difference between what you had before and the current picture. Thanks to the hair method it is possible to create a completely natural look, emphasizing the depth and sincerity of the look. It is thanks to the extension procedure, the problem of light and thin eyebrows is no longer relevant today.
Brow extensions: what is it?
Among the many procedures that are carried out with the eyebrows, eyebrow extension is one of the latest, however, many salons and masters already offer such a service. Modern eyebrow extensions involve the gluing of individual fine hairs of different lengths in order to add density, correct the shape, give expressiveness to your face as a whole. With the help of this procedure, any girl with rare eyebrows can become the owner of a thick and chic shape. Many girls with the help of this procedure mask scars and overlap the failed tattoo. Master competently selects the color, thickness and length of the hairs so that the eyebrows looked harmonious, natural and beautifully complemented your image.
What materials used for eyebrow extensions?
The quality of the materials used for extensions plays one of the most important roles in the procedure itself, along with the skill of the stylist, because they determine how long the hairs will last. The choice of materials for this procedure is not great, but there are already a few options that have managed to win the love of masters. So, what materials should be used to create a delightful image:
- Degreaser. The first thing to do before starting the extension process is to apply a degreasing lotion to the skin area around and on the eyebrow itself. A good skin treatment before the procedure is the key to wearing thick eyebrows for a long time.
- Stencils for creating the desired shape. Many masters do without them.
- Glue is used transparent, elastic and necessarily with a very strong fixing property. Eyebrows, more than eyelashes, are exposed to moisture, to interaction with various means for washing, so the glue is the most important component in the build-up. Two kinds of glue are used for extensions – one for gluing on the hair itself, the other for gluing the material to the skin.
- Glue rings. Since the work is laborious and requires a lot of endurance, you need to equip the workplace as comfortable as possible. Rings for glue are put on a finger or a hand, glue is poured into the ring itself, it allows concentration and not to be distracted by searching for the necessary tool.
- Straight sharp tweezers and a round brush. The tweezers are involved in the process of gluing the hair, while the brush helps to lay the hair to the right side to create a nice shape.
- Stainless steel scissors for trimming eyebrows.
- Fixing powder, which allows the hair to hold on as long as possible.
- Remover fluid, aka remover. Used to remove excess glue residue, and when removing hairs before subsequent extensions.
- Brow strips. The key material, brow strips, are directly the hairs that are glued to the eyebrows.
Materials for extensions
You will need special materials and tools to carry out the procedure. You can buy them in specialized stores for eyebrow specialists. They are sold both individually and in sets. For the extension of eyebrows is used:
- degreaser – provides reliable fixation of artificial hairs by removing excess sebum from the skin;
- glue – used to glue hairs, the highest quality are latex water-resistant compositions, and dangerous – those that contain formaldehyde;
- hairs – presented in different shades and sizes, can be made of both natural and synthetic material, in contrast to the hairs for lash extensions, they are straight, no bends;
- Remouver – is used for removal of hairs at their wrong position on a skin or during removal of an old material on correction;
- stencils – facilitates and accelerates the work process, allows creating perfectly symmetrical eyebrows of ideal form;
- tweezers – are necessary for fixing artificial hairs and their precise positioning on a selected part of the eyebrow;
- scissors – to trim hairs to the required size;
- A brush is necessary for eyebrows to have a neat appearance.
Among the companies that produce materials for eyebrow extensions, the most popular are:
- Lash Perfect – the company was founded in London in 2006 by two master browsers Beverly Piper and Christina Jenkins, the materials of this company are world-renowned and of high quality;
- EXTREME LOOK – a Russian manufacturer of products for Eyelash Extensions and Eyebrows, known in the market for over 8 years, the materials have an affordable price;
- Glory Lash – the company has been existing for 5 years, it offers materials for eyebrow lengthening luxury at affordable prices;
- Novel brow perfect – the company offers all the necessary materials and tools of high quality for eyebrow lengthening.
Classification by color
To get a natural result from the extension, it is important to choose the right materials. The hairs should match the color of your real eyebrows.
There are three basic shades of hairs in the assortment of manufacturers of materials for eyebrow extensions: light brown, dark brown and black. To get exactly in the tone of natural eyebrows is possible only in a few cases out of hundred. For a natural result, master eyebrow artists dye natural eyebrows and artificial hairs with paint or henna. Dyeing is one of the main stages of the beauty procedure.
Separation by size
The hairs in the kit differ in length and thickness, just like the hairs of real eyebrows. To get the most natural result, the master combines hairs of different sizes, placing thicker ones in the center of the eyebrow, and thinner ones closer to the contour.
Essence of the procedure
Eyebrow extensions are one of the technologies for creating the shape of eyebrows. The essence of the procedure is that the eyebrows are attached to the skin or to the eyebrows themselves with a special cosmetic glue, piece hairs or overlays.
What are separated from:
Eyebrow hair extensions
This kind of extension includes two types of technologies:
- Skin-on-skin extensions. In this case, a pearlescent glue is used, which, after drying, remains quite elastic and does not impair the comfort of the wearer. At the end of the procedure, you need to secure everything with a special powder. The result lasts for 2-3 weeks. However, it is recommended to use a powder-fixer daily.
- Fixation to the natural eyebrows. In this technology, artificial hairs are glued to the skin to the natural ones by the piece. This variant is considered to be more effective, as the result lasts about a month.
With the help of overlays.
This method involves the use of silicone or latex overlays, which are a strip of hair glued to it. It is more suitable for women who have practically no eyebrows of their own. The result of the procedure is not very durable: the raised eyebrows will last up to 2 weeks.
The following technologies are alternatives to extensions:
- Eyebrow microblading is a manual tattoo performed with a very thin scalpel, by which the dye pigment is applied to the upper layer of the skin, after which very thin and clear strokes in the form of hairs appear;
- powder spraying of eyebrows – this is the shading of the coloring pigment in the upper layer of the epidermis with the help of a special cosmetic apparatus.
To qualitatively understand the alternatives and choose a truly appropriate technology, it is worth not only to understand the basics of these techniques, but also to carefully study the reviews tried out microblading eyebrows microblading reviews and powder coating powdered eyebrows reviews.
Contraindications for extensions
This procedure is not considered dangerous, but, nevertheless, it has its own contraindications.
- Chemotherapy, the use of antibiotics. Even if the course of treatment is over, it is allowed to build up eyebrows only after 6 months.
- Eczema, pustules on the skin of the face.
- Damage to the skin near the eyebrows in the form of abrasions, cuts, cracks or scratches.
- Infectious diseases of the skin.
- The presence of a tumor or swelling on the face.
Hair extensions at the salon
The most common procedure is called hair extensions. Thickness is achieved by gluing individual hairs. Their length is 5-7 mm.
There are the following stages of the procedure of hair salon brow extensions:
- The master examines the state of the arches.
- Then selects the necessary shape, size and location.
- At the second stage, correction takes place.
- Draw the necessary contour, remove unwanted hairs and, if necessary, trim.
- For the fixation to be more reliable, the skin is degreased and the build-up is started.
- At the final stage, the master corrects the artificial eyebrows and evaluates the obtained result.
The most commonly used synthetic materials for building up the mascara area. This can be latex or silicone, it is impossible to distinguish them from real hair.
In this method of correction, the hairs are attached to a special pearlescent glue. It does not feel on the skin and does not bring discomfort. At the end of the work is fixed with powder.
The hairs last about three weeks. But if you use a special fixer every day, this period can last up to a month.
Natural hair extensions
The same technique is used for eyelash extensions. It is more effective and the result can last about a month and a half.
First the skin is degreased, the contour is marked with a pencil and then the hairs are glued on. After the procedure is completed, pigment is applied to enhance the effect of the glue and help maintain the color.
Extension with the help of overlays
This method is the simplest, but it can only be used by those girls who do not have their own eyebrows. There are overlays made of artificial or natural hairs. Their choice is not limited by color and shape.
The disadvantage is that this is the most short-lived method. The pads will not last more than a week, and then they will start to fall off. But artificial eyebrows can be used several times, if you carefully remove them.
Care after hair extensions
To make the result last longer, you should follow certain rules of care. The glue should dry, so you should not wet the brow arches for the first two days. Also, you should not let the soap get on the extensions.
While wearing artificial eyebrows, you should not visit a sauna or a solarium. Care should be taken when swimming in the sea or pool. Chlorine and salt water have a bad effect on the fake hair and shorten the life of the hair.
You should not often touch the hair growth line, preferably sleep on your back to avoid hitting them on the pillow. You should also avoid the use of decorative cosmetics.
Step by step instructions for eyebrow extensions
The process of raising eyebrows with hairs is also available at home. You do not need too many materials and tools, but only skills and artistic taste.
Preparation of materials and tools
Among the materials we will need:
- a set of hairs;
- glue (latex water-resistant, with a transparent structure);
- primer (alcohol-based degreaser).
The tools you need to take are:
- a mirror with a magnifying glass;
- tweezers (two are better);
- A small container of glue;
How to grow eyebrows?
Before you begin the procedure, carefully consider in which direction your eyebrow hairs grow. Usually, at the beginning of your eyebrows near the bridge of your nose, they grow from the bottom up. The middle part of the hairs grow in a straight line toward the temples. In the ponytail you can clearly see that the hairs are growing from top to bottom. Try not to deviate too much from their natural direction to make the final result look as natural as possible. Start the extension process from the head (at the bridge of the nose).
Stages of eyebrow extensions:
- Sit at a table in front of a mirror in a brightly lit room.
- Arrange all the materials and tools so that it is comfortable. The procedure will take from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Clean the eyebrows from the makeup, brush them with a brush.
- Apply degreaser to a sponge. Use the sponge to first go over one eyebrow from the bridge of the nose to the temple, then the other. Don’t use absorbent cotton or cotton wipes, as these can interfere with the results.
- Take a pencil and mark some reference points, such as the start of the eyebrow, the curve and the ponytail. If necessary, mark the width of the eyebrow. Try not to smudge the pencil too much, as it is difficult to remove it later from under the pasted hairs. For accurate and symmetrical marking you can use a stencil.
- Pour a little glue into a pre-prepared container or onto a tape glued to your hand.
- Professional makeup artists use special rings that hold well on the finger.
- Use tweezers to take the hair by the middle.
- Dip the base of the hair into the glue and wait 30-40 seconds for the glue to soak in.
- Glue the base of the hair to the skin or down hair. Hold it with tweezers for 2-3 seconds for better adhesion to the skin.
- To fill in the empty spaces between your eyebrow hairs, use a second pair of tweezers to push your own hairs back and glue an artificial one in the middle. Once all the empty space is filled in, proceed to the tail of the eyebrow.
- When one eyebrow is ready, go to the second, trying to make them symmetrical.
- When the procedure is over, it is necessary to trim the length of the protruding hairs with scissors. It is undesirable to comb the eyebrows, you can give the right direction to the hairs with the help of closed tweezers or a cosmetic brush. But this should be done very carefully. It is better to refrain from conventional combing. To keep the glued hairs longer, they should not be wet for 2 days after the extension (at least 12 hours). Afterwards, it is not recommended for the eyebrows to come in contact with soapy water.
The eyebrows are removed with a special compound in the form of liquid, gel or cream (called remuver). It is applied to the eyebrows, it lasts for 2-3 minutes (read the instructions for the exact time). After that, the raised eyebrows must be removed with tweezers.
Quick brow extensions at home
Hair-assisted eyebrow extensions do not involve completing the process too quickly. Complete modeling of two eyebrows takes about 1-2 hours. The only possible accelerated option is to partially build up the ponytails of the eyebrows or to give them density and texture. This process can take about 15-30 minutes. To make the procedure faster, you can use scotch tape. It should be attached to the brush of your left hand (if you are right-handed). You can put a strip of hairs on the tape, as well as a drop of hair glue. Dip a few hairs into the glue and place them on the tape. Then attach one by one in the eyebrow area.
The eyebrows can come in handy before an important meeting or a significant event. It is better to practice in advance to avoid unpleasant moments if something will not work.
Quick eyebrow extensions at home
The extension eyebrows with this and other technologies allow you to get the most natural results.
What to pay attention to:
- study the direction of hair growth with subsequent repetition of this trend;
- Usually the vegetation near the bridge of the nose can be directed from the bottom to the top, in the middle part to the temples, and at the tip from the top to the bottom;
- The beginning of manipulation should be carried out from the bridge of the nose.
Stages of the buildup:
- Find a suitable place with sufficient light and a view of the face (a comfortable mirror, with one magnifying side).
- Remove makeup from the face, degrease the skin surface.
- Comb the hairs of the brow with a special brush.
- Draw the contour of the arches with a crayon.
- Pour a small amount of glue into a convenient container.
- Take one hair at a time with tweezers and dip it into the glue. After 30 seconds, once the glue is absorbed, glue to skin or down hair. Hold the tweezers on the rod for a few seconds to make sure it sticks firmly.
- Fill in the empty spaces between your own hairs, use tweezers to push them away, attaching artificial hairs in the middle.
- After treating the main part of the arch, proceed to manipulating the ponytail. Here the eyebrow narrows naturally, so care is needed to get the most natural look.
- The direction of the hairs is given with closed tweezers, or with a brush.
The hairs are removed with remover, a special substance with active ingredients. The product is applied to the skin, after 3 minutes start removing the artificial vegetation with tweezers.
On average, the procedure takes up to 2 hours, if you need to cope faster, you can augment only part of the eyebrow, for example, the tail, or slightly correct the shape.
Preparation of materials and tools
To extend the brow arches, you must first prepare a number of tools and materials:
- Degreaser: used to remove sebum, which is constantly released and can cause poor adhesion of the hairs on the arcs. The use of this product is a guarantee of a good adhesion.
- Glue: necessary for gluing the elements. It is best to take water-resistant products that contain latex in their composition. Such products must be purchased only in specialized stores, carefully reading the composition, which must not contain formaldehyde.
- Hair (hair elements to be built up): they can be of natural or artificial origin. There are many manufacturers, which raw material to prefer, the buyer decides. It is important to pay attention to the shade, choosing the one that will be maximum similar to the natural tone of the eyebrows.
- Remover: used to remove hairs (when they are not glued as required), or to remove them when necessary. Removers can be cream, liquid or gel.
- Tweezers: it is better to buy a separate tool, not the one used to correct eyebrows. Which to prefer, having straight or curved edges, it is necessary to choose, based on your own preferences.
- Stencil, a special ruler: used to facilitate the process of creating a perfect eyebrow shape.
These tools are essential, in addition to them, masters may have additional accessories that facilitate the process of their work. What you need to pay attention to:
- buy quality consumables, the quality of the final result depends on them;
- Check the expiration date of the product, because using expired products can cause serious allergic reactions and reduce the wearing period of the hair;
- Hair must not have kinks and glue must have a hypoallergenic formula.
Preparation for the procedure
The procedure of hair extensions on the brow area does not require special preparation. If such manipulations are carried out for the first time, it is necessary to conduct a preliminary test for the possibility of an allergic reaction. To do this, a small amount of glue (or other liquids used) is applied to the bend of the elbow, and then assess the degree of skin reaction to them.
If, after 20 minutes, there are no external manifestations in the form of irritation, redness, you can use all the substances as intended. Otherwise, from the application of these funds will have to give up.
How are eyebrow extensions done?
The process of a brow extension includes several successive steps:
- Determine the future appearance of brow arches: outline the contour with a pencil, remove all hairs that go beyond its limits.
- Choose hairs for extensions, deciding on their shape, color, length and thickness.
- Clean and degrease the skin in the area of the future work. This is necessary to ensure maximum adhesion of hair and skin.
- Using a stencil, check the accuracy of the contours.
- Clean the arc line from excess hairs, comb the eyebrows. Any hairs that are out of alignment can be trimmed with thin, sharp scissors.
- Use tweezers to take a hair, dip the tip into the glue, wait 30 seconds and glue it in place.
- Repeat the manipulation until the outline is completely filled.
The procedure can last from one and a half to two hours, here it all depends on the amount of work required and the professionalism of the master. If the work is done to create arches “from scratch”, then you will have to try a lot of hard work. When supplementing the eyebrows with hairs in order to increase their density, you will have to spend no more than an hour.
How do you take care of eyebrow extensions?
The care of the eyebrows after the manipulation is very important. If it is not taken care of properly, the result will not last long.
Important tips for care:
- The first few hours do not wet the arcs, you must wait until the adhesive dries completely;
- the use of cleansers, soaps, should not affect the eyebrow area;
- If the eyebrows get wet (accidentally), do not rub them, the surface must be dried by blotting with a napkin;
- Do not scratch, rub or often touch the eyebrows;
- do not go to the pool, bath, sauna, bathe in seawater with immersion in it, allow contact with liquids containing chlorine on the face;
- Do not sleep with your face against the surface of a pillow;
- avoid contact with curls and arcs, the former can catch the eyebrows, increasing the rate of their detachment;
- it is forbidden to apply decorative cosmetics;
- it is necessary to periodically lubricate with vegetable oils or creams recommended for care, the master.
Video example of extending eyebrows with hairs
Peculiarities of permanent makeup or brow extensions can be seen in a special video. Here, all the steps of the procedure are described in detail.
Eyebrow extensions effects
The result of an eyebrow extension
It is worth noting that although the effect is instantaneous, but in most cases, it is short-lived. As a rule, artificial hairs do not last more than two weeks, after which they come off. And some elements begin to fall off already after a week. But if full and proper care is provided, the effect can be noticeably prolonged.
How to look beautiful with eyebrow extensions?
The expressiveness of the look depends not only on the shape and color of the eyes, but also on the shape, color and density of the eyebrows. For the harmony of this zone on the face of brown-eyed women of the fair sex, it is possible to accentuate this zone with the help of eyebrow extensions in a color similar to the color of the eyes. This will allow you to give your face the most natural look, because naturalness is always in fashion.
Bright eyes are best emphasized by dark bushy eyebrows, which will add brightness to your look without being too artificial. It is possible to achieve a similar effect, resorting to the procedure of eyebrows extension, and the result after it will surpass all expectations.
Eyebrow extensions cost
The price of the extension procedure is about $50. But it may vary in different salons, this is normal. In addition, the price depends on the initial state of the “native” eyebrows and the desired final result, that is, the density and length.
How long will the effect last and does it need correction?
How long will stay on the hair extensions, depends on a number of factors. These include the peculiarities of care, the quality of the original materials. On average, the effect lasts for 2-3 weeks. Moreover, on an oily skin hairs hold less than on a dry or normal.
Eyebrow extensions are a modern procedure that allows women in just a couple of hours to have thick eyebrows, indistinguishable from natural ones. Proper care of the hair, timely correction allows to enjoy beautiful eyebrows for a long time, without forgetting about the necessity of their touch-up with decorative cosmetics.
How do I take care of my false eyebrows?
The care after lash extensions is almost no different from the care of artificial eyelashes. Here are the main rules:
- After the procedure, it is not recommended to wet your eyebrows so that the glue has time to dry completely.
- When washing, it is undesirable to use soap and other detergents. Or at least avoid their contact with artificial hairs.
- You will have to give up visiting tanning salons, bathhouses and saunas.
- Diving into chlorinated or salt water is not recommended.
- If you constantly sleep with your face in a pillow, you should get rid of such a habit.
- After hair extensions, try not to let the hair get on your eyebrows, otherwise the hair will tangle and fall off.
- Do not exert any mechanical influence on the artificial eyebrows, do not touch them with your hands, do not comb or correct with tweezers.
- Do not use any cosmetics.
How far should the eyebrows extend?
Now assess visually the distance between your eyes. If they are planted close, the distance of the points of growth (following the proportions of the face) should be no more than a finger and a half wide. If the eyes are planted far enough away, the gap will be about two fingers thick.
But in order to make eyebrows look neat and tidy, it is also important to pick their shape and curve. Don’t take the pencil away, you’ll need it to determine the length and peak of the curve. Put the pencil to the wing of your nose and lead it to the outer corner of your eye – that’s how you’ll find the end point. If you bring the pencil back a little to the edge of the iris, you’ll get the curve point. Now you can remove the hairs after the end point and under the curve point.
What is the best glue for eyebrow extensions?
- water-resistant transparent latex glue for eyebrow extensions;
- alcohol-based degreaser;
- special tweezers for comfortable work;
- fixer for hairs;
- synthetic hair for eyebrow extensions of the appropriate length.
Everything begins with a clear calculation: a suitable form of the eyebrow is determined, a cosmetic marker is applied with a contour.
The area of the build-up is degreased with an alcohol-containing composition. This provides maximum adhesion of the hair base to the skin.
Colorless elastic adhesive is applied to each artificial hair. Using tweezers, the hairs are glued to the base of the natural eyebrow.
Can I use eyelash glue for eyebrow extensions?
If water-based glue was used for lash extensions, it is enough to wet a cloth napkin with warm water, put it on the eyebrows and hold for 5 minutes, then simply wipe the skin.
If more serious gel-based glue is used, it is necessary to use a special compound for removal (remover).
Nature invented eyebrows not just for beauty. No matter how banal it is, but they are designed to keep the sweat from the forehead from getting into the eyes, and along the sloping line of the eyebrows it flows further down the cheek. That’s why the thickest and longest eyebrows, set on the bridge of the nose, are in the representatives of hot regions.
Residents of northern and middle climatic zones do not need such eyebrows by definition.
Well, I don’t need them. I’ll just keep on drawing my own eyebrows. But by New Year’s Eve, I might think about it, and maybe I will do it once! I have enough for the whole New Year vacations.
How do you remove eyebrow extensions?
It is also important to know how to properly remove the result of the extension. This can be done in 2 ways. For this it is necessary:
- Remove. This product includes gentle solvents that remove the adhesive backing. It is preferable to choose a removal gel, as it is ideal for removing natural and artificial hairs.
- Water. You need to take a paper towel, moisten it in warm water, squeeze it and stick to your eyebrows. Glue soaked, so that the hairs can be removed with tweezers.
Eyebrow extensions are a fashionable procedure that changes appearance in a few hours. It can be done independently, which is still financially lucrative. Although it is painstaking work, the efforts are justified as well as you get well-groomed and beautiful eyebrows.
You may also be interested in