A special cosmetic problem for all women is pimples on the eyebrows: it is this area that is very difficult to disguise with makeup. The foundation and powder will reveal themselves if they go along the hairline and look vulgar and unnatural.
The means for coloring eyebrows are ineffective: no pencil or lipstick can paint over this unpleasant neoplasm – you will only spread the infection further and worsen their condition. But don’t despair and give up. It is necessary to get rid of pimples on the eyebrows, eradicating the cause of their appearance.
Causes of brow pimples
Figure out why eyebrow pimples have become your scourge. Determine the approximate time when you started noticing them, and think about what events in your life they may be related to.
Determining the cause can help you focus your energies on eliminating them. If it disappears, so will the pimples from your graceful eyebrows. First, you should think about your health, because the problems with it manifest themselves in the form of acne, including – and this area of the face. So what will the acne map tell us?
- pimples above the eyebrows – intestinal disorders due to poisoning with low-quality food, prolonged diarrhea or diarrhea;
- pimple under the eyebrow – the use of low-quality cosmetics, which either expired or caused you an allergic reaction;
- pimples inside the eyebrows, between the hairs – avitaminosis;
- pimples between the eyebrows on the bridge of the nose – stress, emotional tension, nervous breakdown, lingering depression;
- pimples on the forehead and on the eyebrows – hormonal disorders that are associated with adolescence, pregnancy, menopause, use of hormonal contraceptives;
- pimple near the eyebrow – liver disorders.
So look closely at where exactly the pimple is located in the area of the eyebrow and try to relate its location to these diseases. It is possible that the cause lies exactly in the health problems.
If you’re sure that a facial acne chart doesn’t work in your case, go through the entire list of factors that can trigger such neoplasms on that area of your face – perhaps they will tell you the origin of your inflammation on your eyebrows.
- Hormonal activity (periods of puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, menopause);
- stressful situations;
- Hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands;
- clogged pores;
- Infection with microorganisms, festering;
- taking medications: anabolics, halogen-containing (with iodine, bromine, chlorine, fluorine), lithium, barbiturates, lithium, antibiotics, hormones, birth control;
- Avitaminosis: lack of retinol and tocopherol;
- bad habits;
- Improper nutrition: an abundance of fatty, spicy, carbohydrate-rich foods, cow’s milk (which has an admixture of sex hormones), seafood (they contain iodine);
- insufficient skin care in the brow area: improperly selected cosmetic products, oily skin type;
- eyebrow correction: very often after such a procedure irritated skin “rebels” with rashes.
Consider: What in your case could be the cause of your eyebrow pimples? If they are localized (i.e. not on the rest of the face), the cause is a specific disease (see the chart), cosmetics or plucking.
If on the other hand blackheads appear everywhere at the same time – on the forehead, cheeks, chin – consider the other factors listed. If you understand what triggered it, you’ll have something to work on. Eliminate the cause – gradually the eyebrows will be cleaned. What exactly will you have to do? What sacrifices do you have to make?
How to get rid of pimples on the eyebrows: tips
If you understand why eyebrow pimples have become your plight, start working on eliminating the causes. In each case, you’ll have to work out a whole program of action, but in the end it will bring a great, desirable result – you’ll get rid of this scourge. A few helpful tips will tell you which direction to take and what to do.
It is impossible to eliminate the cause, but you can reduce the number of pimples on the eyebrows. Balance your diet, exercise, and use a minimum of cosmetics for this part of your face.
Wait out a hormonal malfunction
During puberty, teenage girls should use as little eyebrow makeup as possible. Pimples after childbirth will go away on their own as soon as the woman’s body recovers. At menopause you need to take appropriate medications. The days of menstruation will just have to survive.
Calm the nervous system
Any stressful situation activates the adrenal glands, which cause the release of hormones into the body that may provoke the appearance of pimples on the bridge of the nose, between the eyebrows.
In this case, you will need to avoid emotional breakdowns and try to be less nervous. If these feelings do not work, it is better to see a psychologist or start taking sedative herbs and antidepressants.
Help your oily skin type
Hyperactivity of the subcutaneous glands, which produce too much fat, requires a comprehensive treatment. It is necessary to eat right, choose the appropriate means to care for this type of skin (be sure to use scrubs, lotions, tonics).
If seborrhea is neglected, it is better to seek help from a dermatologist, who will prescribe medication or recommend a salon procedure.
Clean your pores
Sebaceous plugs and dead cells clog pores and begin to rot, causing inflammation and pimples (more often above or between the eyebrows). In such a case, spend more time on the facial cleansing stage: wash your face, avoid leaving cosmetics on overnight, and use scrubs.
Cure Microbial Infection
If your eyebrow has been recently damaged (incision, scratch, puncture), an infection could get into the wound and cause inflammation – a pimple. There is no cosmetic remedies: you will need to treat it with medication.
Stop taking your medicines
If in the last 2-3 weeks (or longer) you have been taking any medications continuously, you have to stop. Talk to your doctor: You may be able to replace them with a harmless alternative.
If pimples form right in the thick of the hairs, it could be a signal that the follicles are lacking nutrients, particularly retinol and tocopherol. It’s an easy fix: get more of these vitamins in your diet or make a healthy eyebrow mask with them (with pharmacy preparations).
Giving up bad habits
If you can’t do without your favorite cigarettes and fun pastime with a glass of wine, you have to accept the fact that pimples on your face (and eyebrows – among others) will always annoy you. For the sake of your own beauty, at least reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke in a day.
Get your nutrition on track
You’ll have to sit on a very healthy diet for a while. It’s not that strict, but it quickly tidies up your skin. Just limit the following foods in your diet:
- Fatty, fried, oily foods;
- Spicy spices and condiments;
- cow’s milk;
- Carbohydrate-containing foods: sugar, candy, sweet pastries, raisins, marmalade, dates, rice, pasta, jam, honey, etc.
- And, of course, carbonated drinks and alcohol are also contraindicated for acne.
Look after your skin the right way
Rethink your eyebrow makeup: discard all the old products and replace them with fresher ones. Consider whether you use it too often: do you give your eyebrows a break from harmful chemicals?
Have your eyebrows corrected in a salon
You’re good if you pluck your own eyebrows at home. But if you get pimples afterwards, you may be doing the correction incorrectly (poor quality tools, dirty hands, etc.).
So determine how you will get rid of pimples on the eyebrows according to these recommendations. If you could not find out exactly the cause of this unpleasant phenomenon, or the rashes are getting more and more every day, be sure to visit a dermatologist or beauty salon.
With the help of tests and examinations the dermatologist will determine the exact cause of the acne on the eyebrows, give appropriate recommendations and, if necessary, prescribe a treatment.
Another option is possible: depending on the disease identified, he may refer you to another specialist – a gastroenterologist (if the problem is in the stomach), neurologist (nervous system malfunction), therapist, etc. Depending on the provoking factor, treatment will be prescribed.
Antibiotics are prescribed for infection and severe skin inflammation on the eyebrows: erythromycin, tetracycline, trimethoprim;
Hormone therapy: combined preparations of cyproterone and estrogen, progestogen and estrogen, spironolactone, cortisone injections
Ointments and gels
- Retinoid restores the sebaceous glands;
- Curiosin prevents the formation of characteristic scars after an unsuccessful pimple squeeze;
- Differin has anti-inflammatory properties and treats seborrhea;
- Ichthiol soothes, softens, disinfects, and cleanses;
- Zinc and sulfur dries, protects from outside influences, and treats inflammation;
- Heparinic has an analgesic effect;
- Antibiotics: clindovitis, clinesite, clindamycin, erythromycin, tetracyclines, styemicin, zinerite;
- Retinoids can get rid of eyebrow pimples, but they can only be used as prescribed by a doctor because they often cause severe skin irritation.
- Ozone therapy has a disinfectant, antibacterial, antimicrobial effect, stops inflammatory and infectious processes.
- Chemical peeling with glycolic and salicylic acids effectively exfoliates dead skin layers, eliminates the main cause of acne on the eyebrows – sebaceous plugs.
- Laser peeling is considered one of the best salon procedures to eliminate acne.
- Ultrasonic facial cleansing treats the affected skin.
- Phototherapy disinfects inflammatory foci.
It will be much easier to remove pimples in the eyebrow area if they are outside the hair growth area – somewhere near, but not directly in it. The skin reacts much better to medication than the hairs, which under the onslaught of drugs can begin to fall out. In such cases, in order not to risk your sable eyebrows, use folk remedies.
Folk remedies are good because they can be used at home, you do not have to spend much, and most importantly – these simple recipes do not harm your eyebrows when eliminating acne near them.
Juicy cut of a fleshy aloe leaf to cauterize a pimple on the eyebrow three times a day.
Dry calendula (1 tablespoon) pour boiling water (a glass), cover, insist 30 minutes, strain, cool. Rub the problem area three times a day.
Onion application to the eyebrow will help if the pimple is overdue, very sore, but can not break through in any way. Cut a peeled onion in half, fry it in a dry frying pan, apply it in a warm state to the inflammation, fix it with a plaster. Overnight, the pus will come out.
Fresh concentrated juice to smear pimples on the eyebrow several times a day.
Soda pulp (baking soda diluted with water) to apply to pimples for about 10 minutes.
Lubricate pimples with whipped protein. Wait until it dries completely.
If pimples on your eyebrows are bothering you, don’t put up with it and carefully cover them up every morning with foundation. Find and eradicate the root cause, consult a specialist, take a course of treatment, use folk remedies.