Many people feel that shaving causes hair to grow back thicker and darker, but this is not the case. The hair that comes back after shaving may look slightly different than before the first shave, but it is not coarser or thicker. Using a facial or eyebrow trimmer on the face is really just another form of exfoliation. As dead skin cells fall into the pore walls, oil and bacteria can become trapped, which is when breakouts and clogged bumps can occur. As the blade glides over the skin, it removes dead skin cells to instantly reveal smoother, more radiant skin and a peach fuzz-free face.
For women in their 40s (like me), the slow decrease of estrogen in our bodies can lead to an increase in facial hair, but shaving helps control this hair growth. Any product you put on the skin directly after shaving (ideally a specialized high-potency serum for your skin type) will be absorbed by the skin more effectively. All of these benefits are similar to a popular professional treatment called dermaplaning, but they can be done at home. However, there are some risks you should be aware of before taking the plunge. First, be aware that if you already exfoliate often (with a sonic brush or scrub or exfoliating acid), your skin may not be able to handle the shaving as well.
Can you use eyebrow trimmer on upper lip?
If you can’t make it to your waxing or threading appointment (pandemic and all), an eyebrow trimmer can be a handy tool to have at home. The most basic is a disposable, hand-held tool (often nicknamed a “tinkle”), but you can find many more sophisticated versions, such as stainless steel folding blades and electric shavers.
Regardless of your choice, each tool is capable of shaving surface hair, and while eyebrows get a lot of attention, you can also use these blades to target any area that needs a little more precision, such as the upper lip, jawline, and even the bikini line to remove stray hairs. It’s pretty similar to dermaplaning, although these at-home tools are only meant to remove unwanted hair, not the entire top layer of skin (estheticians typically use surgical blades for dermaplaning).
As for who should use an eyebrow trimmer, eyebrow experts explain that the best candidate is someone who has a lot of vellus hair (that is, those light, peach fuzz-like hairs). Someone who has a lot of that superficial hair on the forehead or temples, sometimes on the bridge of the nose.
What is a good eyebrow trimmer?
Keeping your eyebrows in shape is also very important and trimming your eyebrows is every woman’s nightmare because not all salons are able to get a good result for your eyebrows. Keeping your eyebrows in shape every time is very difficult because you can’t run to the hairdresser every day or even every week. Your eyebrows need to be groomed every 10 to 15 days. When you have to go to a party or a meeting and the salons are closed, you need another idea. So here we have mentioned the best eyebrow trimmers for perfect eyebrow shape. So your worries are solved with the 10 best eyebrow trimmers that we offer.
1. Veet Sensitive Touch Expert Electric Trimmer: This electric trimmer from Veet is designed to remove hair from sensitive areas of your face and body. It’s a great choice for grooming your eyebrows with its high-precision blades and adjustable brow head. Its design is sleek and compact, making it very convenient for quick touch-ups and eyebrow contouring.
2. Panasonic Facial Trimmer: This trimmer from Panasonic is a quick and easy way to get rid of unwanted facial hair. Its smooth pivoting head glides smoothly along the natural contours of your face for a close and comfortable trimming experience. Its design is sleek and elegant. It fits in your hand and is very easy to use when you are on the go.
3. Philips Norelco Nose, Ear & Brow Trimmer: The Philips Norelco trimmer is perfectly angled to effectively remove hair in hard-to-reach areas. If you’re worried about nicks and cuts, forget it because this device protects the blades from your skin and gives you the smoothest cut.
4. Philips Touch-up Trimmer HP6388: This touch-up trimmer from Philips is ideal for eyebrows and facial hair. The 1/3? cutting head has 2 length settings that ensure precise application. The 60-minute battery life and compact design make it a great choice for women on the go who need quick touch-ups. Plus, it comes with batteries and a cleaning brush to keep your clippers clean.
5. The Painless Facial Hair Remover: The Painless Facial Hair Remover is a high-end trimmer for removing unwanted hair from your eyebrows and face. The trimmer head is 18K gold plated, hypoallergenic and gentle on all skin types. It features a dual blade and 360-degree tip to remove hair efficiently and without irritation. The automatic built-in light function makes it easy to spot hairs and make the trimming experience comfortable.
6. Lifelong LLPCW30 Brow Trimmer: The Lifelong LLPCW30 Brow Trimmer removes unwanted eyebrow, bikini and body hair painlessly. It features three interchangeable, washable combs to remove unwanted hair from your sensitive skin. Its sleek and compact design makes it easy to carry and use.
7. Lumony Bi-Feather King Brow Trimmer: The Lumony Bi-Feather King Brow Trimmer removes hair painlessly, anytime, anywhere. This sleek device helps you get perfect results on your eyebrows, bikini line, sideburns, hairline and underarms.Its long handle makes it convenient to use on hard-to-reach areas of your face and body.
8. Painless 4 in 1 Waterproof Trimmer: The Painless 4 in 1 Waterproof Trimmer is equipped with 4 cutting heads to remove unwanted hair from face, eyebrows, nose and body. The dual stainless steel blade gently removes hair without causing burning, redness or irritation. The USB charging function makes the trimmer more convenient and easy to use.
9. Syska SensoSafe Trimmer: This beauty trimmer from Syska is designed explicitly for precise eyebrow and facial hair removal. It comes with a bikini trimmer, a comb and a washable head for easy cleaning. It fits in your hand as comfortably as an electric toothbrush.
10. EPOH Brow Trimmer: The EPOH Brow Trimmer is ideal for regular use. The precision head features a 360-degree razor that gently removes unwanted hair without pain or fuss. It does not pluck or pinch the skin. It’s gentle on all skin types and makes a thoughtful gift option. Use it as an alternative to tweezing or threading.
Is there any side effects of using eyebrow trimmer?
Eyebrow trimmers come in a variety of forms, and unlike tweezing, they do not disturb hair growth or cause ingrown hairs. It is just as cost-effective as tweezing, without the potential side effects. You will find two main types of eyebrow trimmers: electric devices that remove the bulk of bushy eyebrows or manual tools like eyebrow scissors or eyebrow shavers that can even tackle your arch. Electric eyebrow trimmers are usually facial hair trimmers with an eyebrow attachment. The type of tool you need will depend on how much grooming you want to do at home.
Let’s face it, eyebrows grow fast and we all have busy schedules. But if you want your eyebrows to be flawless, you need to trim and maintain them to keep them in place. And men aren’t the only ones who need to keep an eye on their bushy eyebrows. For women, getting rid of unwanted length helps define and shape the eyebrows. Brow trimmers are quick and easy at-home grooming tools that help ensure your brows are clean and neat. Sure, you can use a comb and scissors, but this method of getting the right shape and length is more trouble than it’s worth. You also don’t want to risk pulling out the wrong hair. Ever plucked a single hair and ruined your entire eyebrow shape? Now imagine that with scissors full of hairs.
Can I use trimmer to remove facial hair?
Everyone has hair above their upper lips, and this is the case for women. But this hair is thicker in some women than in others. Instead of worrying about it, you can make an appointment at a hair salon to have the unwanted hair removed. If threading is too painful for you, try the Veet Sensitive Touch trimmer. It has two trimmer heads: the larger one can be used to remove unwanted hair from the upper lip area. Hold the skin taut and run the trimmer over the upper lip with a gentle hand. Because the trimmer head is blunt and does not touch the skin, it does not cut or cause abrasions.
The hair around the chin is normally sparse, but clearly visible. Most women simply pluck them with tweezers. If you don’t want to pull them out, you can trim them. As mentioned above, you should use the larger clipper head for the chin. As with the procedure above, use the clippers on the chin to remove unwanted hair. You can touch the clipper head to the skin without fear of injury – it is not a razor or a razor blade, so it does not cause cuts or lacerations.
The trend in eyebrows over the past couple of years has been thick and ferocious. Women who naturally have thick, well-shaped eyebrows are truly privileged. But thick, unruly brows are not attractive. You’ll need to shape them while maintaining their thickness. It’s easy to tame your thick brows with the Veet Sensitive Touch trimmer. Use the small head of the trimmer to remove long hairs or stray hairs at the ends of the eyebrows. Some women opt for precision waxing in a salon, and you can try it if you have time to make an appointment. Also, it hurts a lot.
The unibrow is, let’s face it, not the most flattering look for a woman. It is possible to remove the hair that connects your two eyebrows by waxing or plucking them. But don’t use a razor! Although some women run a razor over the hairs, it can leave straight, sharp ends that quickly turn into a beard that looks even more hideous than the unibrow. Instead, use the smaller cutting head of the Veet Sensitive Touch trimmer to remove the excess hair that connects your two eyebrows.
Although the Veet Sensitive Touch trimmer removes hair cleanly and quickly, it’s important to remember that the hair is simply cut at the surface of the skin. Therefore, they begin to grow back after a few days, even if they are not immediately visible.
Although body hair is normally thick in most people, you may feel that your facial hair is thicker and coarser than what is considered normal. Excessive facial hair can be a symptom of hormonal changes or disease. If the hair has suddenly thickened and is not related to events such as pregnancy or menopause, a visit to the doctor is in order.
Can nose trimmer be used for eyebrows?
There are trimmers designed to be perfectly angled to easily reach the hair inside the ear, nose and eyebrows. For example, with the Philips Norelco nasal trimmer, you can be sure that all unwanted hair will be removed effectively.
How can I remove facial hair permanently?
Facial hair has always been a concern for women. Some women have very dense facial hair (hirsutism), which may be due to genetic or hormonal conditions. Whatever the reason, most women are bothered by unwanted facial hair and seek permanent solutions to get rid of it. While home remedies are generally perceived as the easiest and safest option, there is no evidence that home remedies for hair removal can provide a permanent or even lasting solution to unwanted hair. Because facial hair is a normal biological phenomenon, most methods cannot remove it permanently. Even laser hair removal cannot permanently eliminate a woman’s facial hair. The only advanced hair removal technique that can permanently remove facial hair is electrolysis. Electrolysis involves using an electric current to permanently destroy the hair follicle. If you have excessive facial hair, you should consult your doctor. Excessive hair growth may be due to an underlying health problem such as ovarian syndrome. It is therefore essential to treat the underlying condition for best results.
Here are some of the methods you can try to remove facial hair at home:
Shaving: This is an inexpensive, easy-to-use and painless method of removing facial hair. However, shaving does not provide long-lasting results and must be done every day. In addition, there may be a risk of injury such as cuts and burns. Avoid reusing blades, as this increases the risk of ingrown hairs (facial bumps) and follicle infection.
Depilatory creams: These creams remove facial hair without causing pain. They are applied to the targeted area and wiped off after a few minutes to remove the hair. These creams can cause skin irritation in some people. Therefore, you should try them on a small area of your skin, such as the back of the ear, to check the sensitivity of the skin before using them.
Waxing: Both hot and cold waxes are available on the market for hair removal. This method of hair removal is quite painful, but the results can last a few weeks. Make sure the wax is not too hot before applying it to the skin to avoid burns. Waxing should not be done if you are taking certain medications such as tretinoin, isotretinoin (currently being used or used within the last six months) and antibiotics. Waxing may leave your skin irritated for some time. Applying ice or aloe vera gel after waxing can help the skin recover.
Threading: This method involves using a cotton thread to remove facial hair. The thread is held between the fingers, then twisted and turned over the area to be removed. It is suitable for removing hair from small areas such as eyebrows and upper lips. Threading is a painful procedure that can cause skin irritation and rashes.
Prescription drugs: These drugs delay the growth of new hair. They contain the substance eflornithine hydrochloride. You can consult a certified dermatologist to obtain this prescription medication.
Egg, sugar and cornstarch mask: Although there is no scientific evidence, some homemade hair removal masks can help remove unwanted facial hair. You can make one by mixing two to three teaspoons of sugar, an egg and a spoonful of cornstarch. Apply the mixture on your face for 15 to 20 minutes and then remove it. By doing this regularly, you can soften your skin and eventually reduce facial hair growth.